- Information & the community
- Leisure Centre Activities Available
- Town Council What you need to know
- Council Meetings Minutes and Agenda's
- Contact your town council
Thursday 26 January is Young Carer Awareness Day
A young carer is someone under 18 who helps look after someone in their family, or a friend, who is ill, disabled or misuses drugs or alcohol.
Being a young carer can have a big impact on the things that are important to growing up:
Carers Support Centre works with schools to help make sure young carers are recognised and support is put in place to help them cope. The charity works with 32 schools including Abbeywood Community Secondary Academy, Orchard School, Horfield CE Primary and Filton Avenue Jnr School.