- Information & the community
- Leisure Centre Activities Available
- Town Council What you need to know
- Council Meetings Minutes and Agenda's
- Contact your town council
Filton is situated in the area covered by South Glos Council and is twinned with St Vallier-sur-Rhône in the Drôme district of France just south of Lyon, and Witzenhausen in the Hessen district of Germany. Filton is also the home of concorde and the true home of Aerospace!
We list details of issues that are currently affecting the area as well as other information which you may find useful. If you''d like to get in touch with us about anything related to the council please visit our Contact page.
The Filton Festival is back! Filton Town Council are proud to announce that the festival will be running again this Sunday 24th July 12-5p.m
There will be live music from Bristol Ukelele Jam, Quietman Presents, The Love Reggae Band and The Wurzels! Current set times are TBC
As well as live music there are also plenty of other activities for the family to enjoy, including:
- Childrens rides and amusements by Thomas Jenkins & Sons
- Circus Malabaristas stilt walkers and circus workshop
- Ultimate Wipe-out activity - made popular by the TV show, compete against friends and family to survive the longest!
- Caricaturist by Parody Portraits - Providing excellent quality caricatures to take home and remember the day.
- Reptile Zone - A couple of alligators, a snake, a chameleon, a water dragon - you know, the usual.
- Pro Evolution Wrestling - A local wrestling company based in Gloucester, to provide sports entertainment and fun for all the family.
- Mike's Donkeys - Expertly cared for, great with kids and love some attention and fuss. Come along and see, stroke and ride the donkeys.
- Charity car wash on behalf of the Jessie May Foundation - available in the car park for a great cause. Only £2 for a soak, rinse and dry.
- Community stalls from local businesses, charities and organisations.
- Beer tent- Reasonably priced lagers, ciders, beers and wine will be for sale. Only alcohol purchased on site may be consumed on site. Please do not bring your own alcohol as this will be confiscated or entry could be refused. This is a condition of our license so your cooperation is much appreciated.There will also be a range of food, drink, ice creams and snacks available.
Safer and Stronger Community Groups have been set up in South Gloucestershire as part of the Neighbourhood Policing Model and South Gloucestershire Council's Community Engagement initative.
From 1 October the opening hours for all of the Sort It recycling centres will be changing to 8:30am-4:30pm seven days a week, all year round. These changes include the Little Stoke Sort It Centre reopening on Wednesdays.
There will be further changes later this year and next year, including: